Thursday, January 17, 2013

Greetings!

I started scrapbooking and crafting back in 2004, and like so many of you, had and still have a crazy busy schedule, lots of photos and projects, and absolutely no free time.  A friend and I heard about a weekend scrapbooking event in Wausau, back when I was a newbie scrapper, and we thought it sounded like fun.  We went and had tons of fun, got so much done, and it was a great way to spend a couple of days.  The rest is history...

As I talked with friends about the weekend event I had attended, many of them seemed interested in the idea.  It was at that point (back in 2005) that I decided to start hosting my own weekends.  They started out in WI Dells, which was near where we lived at the time.  Oh, the memories....blizzards, drifts as high as the car roof, a group of "boys" from a bachelor party stopping in to see what we were doing...so many laughs... and we must not forget about all the scrapping that got done!

In 2007, my family moved to Johnson Creek and within that year, I was able to secure a working relationship with the people at the Holiday Inn Express in Watertown.  Over the past seven years, as my children's schedules have gotten busier, I've gone from hosting three weekends a year to two weekends.  Again, there are many fond memories from the weekends in Watertown.  I cherish the friendships that have formed, and I always look forward to getting away for a little fun each fall and winter.

Please consider attending one of my craft events, for a day or for the entire weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment